HTA is and equal opportunity employer and committed to building a culturally diverse organization. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates.
Hatchuel Tabernik & Associates (HTA) is a fast paced and growing public benefit company that seeks a highly effective Project Manager to support the productivity and success of its fundraising and planning work. HTA is a company that values employee wellbeing and is committed to equity and justice in local communities and across the country. We go the extra mile to help our clients be successful in meeting community needs.
The Project Manager must have the capacity to see the big picture while managing very detailed and high stakes projects with impeccable attention to detail. S/he must maintain constant communication with colleagues inside the company and with clients and their partners in order to “herd cats”. The position is also called upon to manage the development of complex budgets, memoranda of understanding, timelines, formatting documents and infographics. The Project Manager is also responsible for quality assurance and timely submission of complex federal, state and local grant applications.
- High level proficiency in MS Access and Excel are required. Knowledge of other databases and project management software are a plus. CRM experience is also preferred.
- Working under pressure, mapping and meeting timelines are core characteristics of the successful Project Manager.
- Interest in community change work and experience with diverse communities and populations preferred.
- Multiple language capacity also a plus.
- Grace under pressure, positive client and colleague relations, and empathy are required.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage people of color to consider this position.
- Join our team and help HTA to meet our internal goals and our mission to help our clients meet the needs of low-income children, youth, families, and communities – thereby ensuring a more equitable and just society.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HTA is a small, fast paced, client-oriented consulting company, located in Berkeley, serving foundations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations, collaborations, cities and county agencies in the fields of education, social services, adult and juvenile justice, workforce development, and community change. The majority of our work focuses on low income communities of color around the Bay Area and across California. We are looking for a motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented Grant Writer / Associate to join our team.
The associate is a full-time writer who is assigned to our grants team in order to complete successful federal, state, local, and foundation grant proposals. The associate is responsible for gathering need, asset, and other background data; accurate and timely completion of highly competitive grant applications; client relations; and planning with clients, partners, and technical resources to ensure that application content reflects agreed-upon project design and best practices and thoroughly addresses competition guidelines.
HTA is committed to building a culturally diverse organization and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
- At least 4 years of experience in grant and/or technical writing or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent skills in written and oral English
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Internet research
- Ability to work in collaboration with diverse client groups
- Meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to quickly gain familiarity with a wide array of topical areas
- Ability to synthesize information quickly into coherent text
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and guidelines
- Familiarity with logic models
- Budgeting skills – ability to construct complex, multi-year budgets in Excel
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure, deadline driven environment
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Knowledge of educational, social service, workforce development, and justice system best practices
- Extensive experience writing government (federal, state, county, city) grant proposals and contract bids
- Experience with foundation grant writing
- Experience with diverse communities and populations
- Additional languages a plus
Please send resume, cover letter, list of successful government grants, and writing sample to email@example.com.